Sturgis SYSO soccer
Boys 8-9 Team R, Fall 2001
DIVISION 5 - BOYS and GIRLS SYSO FALL 2001
GENERAL U.S.S.F. (UNITED STATES SOCCER FEDERATION) RULES APPLY
STURGIS SOCCER LEAGUE SPECIFICS
- BALL SIZE:
- Size four (4)
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS:
- A. The ideal number of players on the field at any one
time is eight (8), one of whom shall be a goalkeeper. 8 vs. 8.
B. Teams must have a minimum of five (5) players to start the game.
- PLAYING TIME:
- Each player shall play a minimum of 50% of the totoal playing time.
- PLAYERS EQUIPMENT:
- Shin guards are mandatory. Black soccer shorts and socks.
No shorts with pockets, loops or zippers. This is for safety reasons.
- DURATION OF THE GAME:
- The game shall be divided into four (4) equal eleven (11) minute quarters.
The clock does not stop unless there is an injury or other delay which
requires the game to be stopped for a significant period of time.
Rest periods between quarters should be two (2) minutes.
There should be a seven (7) minute halft time break.
- Offside will be enforced. If you are not sure about this rule please get
- Players will have ONE (1) chance to attempt a throw in.
If the throw-in attempt is illegal, the ball shall go to the opposing
team and they will put the ball back into play via a throw-in.
- PENALTY KICKS:
- Penalty kicks shall be awarded when a direct foul occurs in the penalty
- FREE KICKS:
- Direct kicks are allowed.
- No coach is allowed on the field while play is in progress.
Coaches should avoid yelling instructions at players while play is in
Site designed by
RB Clark Computer Consulting, LLC.